Sunday 21 April 2013

Births and Deaths...

So the world isn't all sunshines and rainbows. There's rain and hailstorm and bombings in Boston. Of course, there are deaths in Africa, discrimination, pride and prejudice. So why? Why are we still on this Earth and living? Because clearly we are not only living. We are dying too. You don't live without dying. Every second you "live" is every second you get closer to your "death" and thus one second "died".
So if the meaning of living is to die, what's the point of living?

Because the point of dying is to live too.

Today's my father's birthday. I gave him a present and will savour the cake my mom bought soon. But I was startled with the news of the death of Singaporean artiste Huang Wen Yong. He died on Saturday. Today's Sunday. Today's when I celebrate my father's birthday. And just yesterday, a celebrated artiste died. Not long ago, many other people died in Boston and Africa.

Birth and Deaths.

I watched a VSauce video on YouTube about Why Did the  Chicken Cross the Road (to see the video click here). This is a very common and cliché joke, or antijoke for that matter. But why does he want to cross the road? After all, the road is pretty dangerous for the chicken right? But maybe because the chicken was sad. Maybe the chicken wanted to get to the other side.

Whichever, the world is sad. Humans are cruel. We prejudice against others (and it just happened I was reading Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen last night). We drain Earth's resources. I have often told others. If the entire human race just die out, the world would probably be a better place. However, maybe not. After all, there would be ecological imbalance. However, we are doing more harm than good now anyway.

And this reminded me of a very nice video done by Andy Sun on Youtube (click here). There are many other good things in life too. There are people who care for you. There are your parents. There are trees and flowers for you to appreciate. And there is change you can make. There are changeS. The world needs you.

I am a very emotionally unstable person. I often cry myself to sleep due to one reason or another that it has become so common I got used to it already. But I have friends who cheered me on. True friends or not, they made an effort to cheer me up when they could spend it making fun of me. Even if there are people who don't understand, you cannot expect everybody to understand. However, the fact that they made an effort to understand makes a whole lot of difference. It is not the product of understanding that matters. It is the purpose to understand.

Be happy there are people who listen. People who care, somewhere out there. Live your life to your fullest and not just survive.

Because the world isn't just about deaths. There are birthdays. There are births. There are smiles. There is sunshine. There are rainbows. Without pain, how can we appreciate the beauty of life? There are food. There is yourself. YOU make this world special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinks this is insane? Well, show me what you think should be sanity then!