Saturday 27 April 2013

Under my Umbrella, Ella, Ella, Eh, Eh, Eh..


That was a line with credits to Rihanna's Umbrella *points to title" which happen to be what I will talk today. WHAT COINCIDENCE!! (nah.. I planned it this way :P)

So basically I reached school, had my attendence registered and started having a dilemma if I should cross the large field which would take me to my class room the quickest or walk the sheltered way. After all, it was only slightly drizzling. I decided to cross the field.

It is not like I don't have an umbrella, I just did not want to use it. And of course, not using an umbrella took its toll on me.. Kind of.. But I knew I could not back away due to Pride.

Then I saw my Dance Senior, smiling away at me and waving. She was not someone I liked a lot from dance. But I guessed I grew to like her, a lot, that day (since I am writing this on 27th April and it happened on 26 April).

She came over, holding her umbrella and I just unthinkingly walked towards her. She shared her small umbrella with me. Half of me got wet, half of her got wet. Then we saw someone else who did not carry an umbrella. This was what she said,

"Awww.. If my umbrella is bigger I would be able to shelter her too!"

She said that, to a complete stranger in school. Evidently another schoolmate, but of not clear relationship to her.

That made me feel sad. I had an umbrella. She "wasted" her umbrella on me. In fact, erase the quotation marks, She did waste the umbrella on me.
She could have sheltered one more person who needed it, or at least inspire someone else, while I, with my own umbrella, go around helping and inspiring too. Inspiring unintentionally.

It is amazing, that such small actions, so unintentional, can have such a great effect. And I felt guilty afterwards. She even very nicely sheltered me all the way to my block though it would be more convenient if she and I parted ways about 5 metres from my block of classrooms (block J)

Next time, help more people. Do little things that make a great difference. You might not know the difference, but every little thing counts. Sometimes they might be unintentional. But the impact is always there, and as it spreads...

You have changed the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinks this is insane? Well, show me what you think should be sanity then!