Friday 26 April 2013

Raining Driver


It is slightly drizzling outside. I managed to squeeze into the bus (not so much of squeezing, it was quite empty but I want to add some cool stuff and peak the plot?) and gladly found a seat to sit down. I shrugged of my 3kg (or probably more) school bag and my book bag for French and placed them neatly on my lap. So ego, talking about myself only. 

I just kind of admired the nice pelting of the rain against the cool clear glass window. I kind of go bored at staring at the same scenery over and over again since they were what I see every day I go do school and this was probably my 100th time going to school? Probably less.. I don't think that much of time have passed yet.. But I think yes, it's the second school term already, and half through the second term.

Anyway, I kind of got bored and just stared absent-mindedly ahead (you don't say..). Then I saw this old man waiting to alight. The driver peculiarly overshot the bus stop by half, leaving the back half where the passenger is alighting still sheltered by the shelter. And I started to wonder if the bus stop was too small or something. Then I realised that the bus stop was the right length. Then why did the driver overshoot?

So I start to come up with situations that did not occur yet but I hope they would occur.. So this was what I thought of:

It was slightly drizzling outside. The bus stop was half the length of the bus. (no, this  is not Maths). The driver stopped when the head of the bus is sheltered and allowed commuters to board the bus. However, he did not open the back door, where the passengers would alight. The man waiting was angry and impatient and started shouting at the driver. The driver did not have time to respond since 1) he was checking if all the commuters tapped their bus card 2) he knew what he was doing since it was on purpose. When all the commuters have boarded the bus, he moved ahead so the other back of the half of the bus, opened the door, so that the man would not be drenched and catch a cold.
The passenger cursed and stepped out of the bus, swearing, unaware that he was dry.

I know this situation might victimise the driver and villainise (no such word but you get it) the passenger. However, there were probably many other factors. Perhaps the passenger was rushing for time? What if he did not have an umbrella. Even if he had an umbrella, it probably would not be the best solution.

So if you were the driver, what would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinks this is insane? Well, show me what you think should be sanity then!